Sunday, December 14, 2014

Update 12/14/14

Aren't you all proud of me that I posted an update without Claire reminding me? LOL

This will be short and sweet, because I haven't been able to actually go see Mom since I've been back. The facility is still under a quarantine due to the GI outbreak; the head nurse had thought they might be cleared up by Thursday or Friday, but I guess there were a couple of people who got sick again, so they decided to keep the quarantine in place. Disappointing, but what can you do...

I have talked to Mom on the phone a couple of times; the good news is that she has at least tasted the food there enough to complain that she doesn't like it. The bad news is, that means she's still not eating much of anything. I told her to keep a list of things that sound good to her, and to ask them for those things. And she hasn't had any Ensure for a while, which is something I know she will eat and it provides a lot of protein and calories, so I need to talk with the nurse about why that's not happening.

Our conversations have been short, but she sounds like she feels better and maybe/hopefully has a little more energy. I have a list of things to bring to her and one of those is her laptop, so maybe she will start posting her own updates for you. I'm sure you would all appreciate that!

The Bronco game is starting so I will sign off. I'm hoping to be able to go see her after work tomorrow; keep your fingers crossed that the quarantine is lifted.

Have a great rest of your weekend,
T.

5 comments:

Dee Christensen said...

Hi Tracey and Duene., Thanks so much for the updates. I hope to write you so you can take to your Mom. Give her my best. A teaching friend Dee C

Judi said...

Your updates are great. Thank you!

Sally said...

Thank you so much Tracy!

MOM/Gina said...

Good to read this today. My love to you both..

Charmian said...

Thank you, Tracy. Ensure was about the only sustenance my dad enjoyed. Hope the nurse can get that straightened out right away. Love to your mom.