Monday, March 22, 2010

If there's one thing that excites the people of Pinedale more than the first good snowfall of winter, it's the return of our summer birds in the spring. It's like a miracle!

Overheard at the post office the other day, "I saw a robin today!" and "I saw a bluebird!"


This little Cassin's Finch was at my feeder yesterday with his wife.


Another old picture from the ranch at Ragged Mountain, Colorado. We had been gathering, and the boss's wife was watching Tracy for me. When we got back to the cabin, I took Tracy up on the horse with me for a picture.

*********************

I ordered three tubes of watercolors yesterday - new colors. I haven't painted in over two weeks now. Maybe new paint will get me back in the mood.

1 comment:

k said...

I found your blog when I google searched for "Ragged Mountain Colorado". I spent several summers of my childhood here and seeing these pictures brings many sweet memories! I stayed in the cabin you have pictured. I adore that place.