Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday

Another sign of spring in Pinedale - the street sweeper is out.

Tracy thought I had taken a picture of her handprint in the concrete floor of the lodge at Ragged Mountain, but I cant't find one. So I took one of both their handprints in our carport.

And this brings up a funny story about Barrie. I even asked her permission before telling it.

When she was in middle school, I got a letter from the school telling me she had been put on detention for destruction of school property. And I was supposed to go to school to meet with them about it.

When I asked Barrie what she had done, here is the story: She and her friend "Charley" put on their gym clothes and headed out to the track for P.E.. On the way they noticed a fresh piece of concrete, I think it was for a pole vault, or something. Anyway, they stopped, put their handprints in the concrete, and even put their initials under them!

When she told me this, I just laughed. I never went to school to meet with them about it, either. Both my girls had grown up putting their handprints in every piece of fresh concrete that was poured. They had been trained to do that! They never thought about it being destructive.

Anyway, I guess having handprints in that particular piece of concrete was not acceptable. and it had to be done all over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story. Thanks for letting her share it, Barrie. JAM

Anonymous said...

That's funny. When they put the new bleachers in at the football field, Scott and a buddy did the same thing. I got the same phone call and couldn't believe it was such a big deal. :)

Betty

Anonymous said...

Betty! i can't believe we raised two such delinquents!

Duene