Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday

Cuck took me arrowhead hunting up Tourist Creek, out of Three Forks Park. He said he knew a place up there where there were lots of chips and some arrowheads. I think it was a "snipe hunt." We never even got to the place where the arrowheads were supposed to be. If he had left me here, I would probably still be up there. Really rough country.


Tracy and Seaweed on one of the pack trips into the mountains. Seaweed was a one-in-a-million horse. She was nicknamed "Charmin" because she was so soft. She would break into a sweat within the first mile. She was totally kid safe. Kelly, Tracy, Barrie and the Hittle girls all learned to ride on her.


Kelly and Tracy warming up by the fire at Lost Lake. This was a wet trip.

Last night the song "Delta Dawn" played on my iPod. And I thought of Kelly and Tracy. They rode miles through the mountains singing that song, over and over again!

***************************


This is Barrie's friend Chris, at the Iditarod finish line in Nome. That's his lead dog, Vidalia with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just looking at all the pictures, way to go Bill