Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool?

A few days ago, the National Weather Service issued a dire winter storm warning. - 90% chance of 5 to 10 inches of snow by Wednesday morning. Then they cancelled it the next day. So today it is snowing. Do you think this is an April Fool joke?




I got two more paintings matted and framed this week. Hmmm. Seems all three of them are old cabins.

I think I'll have to take some things off the walls to make room for these.

Everyone in the art group is working from the same photo to see how many different interpreations we have of the same subject.

I started on it with paper I have never used before, and using "Inktense" watercolor pencils, which I have never used either. I put some masking tape on the surface to protect the roof line of the house, and when I took it off, the surface of the paper tore. So much for my first attempt.

My friend Dee C. came in at the end of class to visit. She had her little 3 year old grandson with her. I gave him the ruined painting, my watercolors, and a brush. He painted a masterpiece while Dee and I visited. Wish I had thought to take a picture of him. He loves to paint.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cabins are all wonderful. Can you give us the location of each? JAM

Anonymous said...

The first one is in Montana. Somewhere near Cook City, in the Daisy Pass area. The second one is on the New Fork, on the Mocroft place.
D