Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday


Barrie pole bending on Seaweed



Barrie on Sweetheart


Barrie posted some pictures on Facebook of her riding some of the horses she broke and rode, and one of her own horse. I thought I would put these on my blog, of her very early riding experiences.


I've talked about Seaweed on here before. She was a G&F pack mare, gentle and foolproof. Barrie started riding her when she was five or six, and used to barrel race and polebend on her. Seawood would actually break into a slow lope on the home stretch.


I think Sweetheart was G&F too. She was gentle, and we used to put Barrie up on her. If Sweetheart went into a trot, Barrie would slide off the side and fall on the ground. She always got on again.


*******************


I actually got up this morning, made the bed, did some laundry, scanned a few pictures, and took some garbage out. That's enough.

About the chili -- Rollie, I'm sorry, but the LA Lakers stopped by with a case of beer and we ate all the chili.

The chili was a little spicy hot, but good. I've never in my life used chorizo in anything. I think that's what made the chili taste different from any I've made before. Guess I'll buy some more chorizo sausage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it was spicy Judi would not have missed it. But I'm disappointe that you'd pick the L A Lakers over us.

Tracy LeClair said...

Wasn't Sweetheart the one we used to hook up to the little red cart for parades?