Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday

Ahhh, summer!

KC helped me scatter some grass seed in the little front yard yesterday. Then Barrie got her sidewalk chalk out, and she decorated the rocks.



Color me surprised! We left the front door open, and Kat actually came outdoors and joined us. She kept running back in, and then would come out again. She enjoyed a little exploring. Later, Barrie heard something at the door, and when she opened it, there was the poor cat, begging to come in. We forgot her and left her out there.


This is Chloe, the cat with no tail, whose mother left in my driveway several years ago. I had her spayed. I think she must have found another home nearby, because she doesn't come here very often, and is fat! She has always loved to be petted, but has been very shy of Kasey until yesterday. Kasey was thrilled to meet a cat that like to be petted.

*************************

Art group was wacko today. Nancy had barbecued chicken for breakfast, and I think it did something to her. She kept us in stitches.

Then Rollie showed up. He informed us that sometimes talking to Judi was like "dial up", or "rotary dial,", and definitely was not DSL. He had us all laughing, and Judi was laughing too.

**************************

I was going to chew on Barrie for leaving the garage lights on. Then I noticed she had taken my pickup and unloaded the ton of flattened cardboard boxes I had for the recycling center. When I got home, she was cleaning house, and I think she watered some lawn. Looks like she watered the seeds Kasey and I scattered yesterday.

I spend most of my time in my upstairs room. When I think she is sitting on the couch watching TV, she is actually doing all this stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sure looks happy with Short Tail.
And the cat looks real happy to have her petting her.
Did the cat stick around after getting petted, or was she gone again?
R

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Kasey are just adorable. Yes....The older I get the more my brain works in 'rotary dial-up' mode. Soon I'll be yelling through a tin can with string (remember those?) JAM