Friday, April 23, 2010

Blustery Day

Where did the term "Blustery Day" come from?

From the book "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day", by A.A. Milne. As far as I know, the term was invented by him when he wrote the book.

We don't have any Winnie the Pooh books, so that is on my wish list at Amazon. I did buy Kasey a new book last week., "Jolly Mon." It was written by Jimmy Buffett and his daughter, and comes with the song on a CD. I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan. Unfortunately, most of his songs are not what you would play for kids.

*****************************

This is why Barrie took the screen off the window in my downstairs bedroom. Maddy slobbers up the glass. The screen might not survive a curious puppy.





Two more funny signs I found on the Internet.
*****************************
On my Yahoo page this morning, in the news headlines, I read this:


Do Journalists go to a special school to learn how to write headlines? Surely the person who wrote this meant it to be funny. I think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a nice boxed set of AA MIlne books that i kept from thrift store (if I haven't given them to someone, would love to give them to u.....is barrie training 4 census job next week, could bring them to her. love hearing 'about' u alll u r friend susan pape

Anonymous said...

When Judi and I were still in MN there was a headline in a Fertile, MN newpaper that read "Fertile women killed in Climax". Climax is another closeby town. rwm