Thursday, April 29, 2010

Darned XM

Yesterday my XM radio stopped receiving the signal from the satellite. Then it wouldn't change from the information channel. So I was going to log onto the XM site and reactivate. I've done it before, and it's simple, right? NOT! The XM site wouldn't recognize my password.

So I called the number and got a girl with an accent that made her hard to understand, but I got the radio reactivated and was able to get to my account on the XM site. I have five radios on my account. I pay the subscription for Paul's radio, Tracy's, and Barrie's. That's their birthday presents. Then I have XM in my pickup and little MIFi in my studio upstairs. I listen to it a lot. But after reactivation, it wouldn't receive the signal.

So I started a search through some drawers downstairs for the antenna I used to use in my blue pickup. I later found it in a basket on the bookshelves. But in the bottom of a drawer, I found some envelopes with some black and white negatives in them. Of course I was curious. One of the envelopes said "Judi's haying prints" on it.??

So I wasted most of my morning scanning negatives. And in the middle of doing that, I went in search of a new light bulb to go in the track lights above the computer. One has been burned out for months.

Now where was I? And what was I supposed to be doing? Oh yeah, the antenna. I found it, hooked it up to the radio, and still can't get the signal. Is there interference, or do I need a new radio?

*********************************

I scanned this negative - Boomer at the front gate. I wonder if he ate the sign?

Found a negative of Barrie barrel racing on old Seaweed. Please notice that she is actually kicking up a little dust!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that, Duene. Good luck with the radio. I am curious about "Judi's haying pictures". I can't remember ever taking any haying pictures. JAM

Tracy LeClair said...

Has Cat seen the Boomer picture?