Thursday, January 14, 2010

How to Fritter Away a Day


I am an expert at spending my day on unimportant activities. My daughters tell me that is what I am supposed to do.

I put samples of the colors in my new watercolor pencil set in my sketchbook and tried water on them to see how the colors reacted. They should be fun.


This is one of the little 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" trading cards with the Inktense watercolor pencils and pen and ink. I did the ink first before the color. I think it would have worked better if I had done it the other way around.

Judi does so many of these, and they are such fun. Judi said her grandaughter does these in her art class at school. I bet the kids really trade theirs. One of these days our group will have to do some trading, that is if we can get everyone to do them. I haven't done very many yet.

**************************
I finally got my phones working again by taking the battery out of the base and putting it back in again. Then I found that the handset in the living room had gotten unplugged.

The cat is bugging me today. She gets up on the tables and knocks paint tubes or pencils off on the floor. They she takes the paper towels. Then she sits on the table right next to me and stares in my eyes. If I look at her, she "meows" at me. She's acting really weird.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my cat does that, he generally wants food.
His bowl can have food in it, but he must think if I don't add some he may run out. So I will add a few pieces, and that seems to make him happy. He is such a good guy other wise.
R