Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

My laptop computer has died. Well, sort of. The touchpad has quit working. It's a little hard to use a computer if you can't move the curser around.

So I'll have to make a call tomorrow and get it repaired.

I worked on the desktop computer downstairs most of the day, reconciling two month's worth of bank statements. Why do I do that to myself? I was surprised that I was only 2 cents off. Got that done, and papers and bills filed. Then updated my iPod music files. Some of the songs were poor quality, or had a glitch in them, so I deleted them from the iPod music library. Than I looked for a manual for the HP laptop, and found manuals for everything else except the HP.

I got out my older Dell laptop which has been in the closet. I works OK, and hooks up to the Internet on my wireless network. But it sure seems slow! Also, it is a very small computer, and my old eyes have a hard time reading the screen.

I also had to install some software on it to work on some of the files I wanted to use.

Then the memory card filled up on my little camera, and I can't find the card reader that works with that card.

Heck - I'm going to just read and watch it not snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that a plain mouse should work on lap tops.
No need to use the touch pad.
I got mu wife a infared mouse for her laptop, and she is very happy with it.
R

Anonymous said...

Some days are just like that, aren't they, Duene? JAM

MOM/Gina said...

I have an extra mouse..the one I used with mine, if you'd like to use it!