Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday

This is Snickers, Leslie and Bobby's dog. I think I am going to tweak the drawing a little more, but it's more or less finished.



This is Leslie with Snickers when she graduated from obedience school. She is a "therapy" dog. I think that's what you call it. Les takes her to nursing homes to visit with the patients.

*********************

Arggghhh! I hate my DVD/VCR player. One of the DVDs I made won't play in anything except my player. I know you have to "finalize" them if you play them in different players, and I thought I did. I brought it home and put it in my DVD player, and it started to play. I VERY carefully followed the instructions in the book - press stop, press the menu button, and choose "Disc Setting." So why is that choice greyed out, and I can't even choose it?

Then I got a new movie on eBay. I put it in my laptop computer, and it won't play. I put it in my DVD player, and get the message "this disc is not playable or recordable." This morning I tried it in the DVD drive of my desktop computer, and it played perfectly.

*********************

New playing on my XM radio - John Denver, "Back Home Again." Both my girls pretend to gag if I play John Denver, but I like him. Tracy worked for him when she lived in Aspen - his "Windstar Corporation", or something like that.


I transplanted a wild rose bush in my back yard years ago. I thought it died a long time ago, but looked out my window the other day, and the silly thing is blooming.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Your dog picture is just adorable. Pastels? What a deal with your DVD players. I noticed that our brand new flat screen TV in our brand new RV has directions for an 'analog to digital converter'. Now, why on earth would a new TV need that? I can hardly wait to figure it all out. yeah, right.

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Great drawing and the dog is adorable. Looks finished to me!