Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flowers

I discovered this in among the tall flowers in the flower bed. Many, many years ago, my Grandmother had a patch of iris. About ten years after she died, they were still trying to grow in the little hot dry bed in front of her old house. So my Mom felt sorry for them, and transplanted some to her garden. She later divided them and I brought some home. They sometimes don't bloom, but this one did. They are so pretty, kind of small and delicate.




Here are two new pots of flowers that Kasey picked out down at Beau's. Her petunias are blooming again after being hailed on and frosted, and the dahlias are looking healthier too. We might have to make another trip down the hill for more flowers.


Chloe has been here this morning. She wanted in the house and is busy rubbing on every wall and every piece of furniture, and my legs. I finally had to make her get off the desk. She was right in front of me rubbing on the monitor. Kat is not happy having her in here.
**********************************
Mary Lou is back for the summer from Colorado, and she was at art group yesterday. Several of us stayed for lunch at Rendezvous Pointe. It was fun. We should do that more often.
I worked on a piece I am trying to paint on watercolor canvas, which I have never used before. It got a buckle in it, which is still there this morning and it is dry. Maybe I don't like that surface.








3 comments:

R said...

Chloe doesn't seem to care what Kat thinks about her.
She seems like she missed you and needs a little love.
You need to get Kasey over to pet Chloe, and then every one would be happy

Judi said...

Beautiful flowers, Duene!

Anonymous said...

The problem with Chloe is I'm very allergic to her. For some reason, Kat has a different type of hair, and as long as I don't let her get in my face, she doesn't bother me too much.

Duene