Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday



I found this in the folder on my computer for scanned slides. It's Bitter Root, or at least that's what I thought it was back then. I'm glad I got so many of my slides scanned. Even though they've been stored properly, the colors have shifted.

This is a photo of the old outhouse that is still on the hillside by my house. It leans a little more every year. I had thought this was "Heavy's" outhouse. (That's the only name we ever knew him by.)


But in the old slides that I scanned, I found this, and I had written "Heavy's Outhouse" on the slide. They're not the same outhouse.

There's one more outhouse down the hill a ways. It was where Rex and Thelma Wardell lived, and later, Belle Carr lived there. There's also an old lilac bush and a crab apple tree there. I haven't even noticed if they leafed out this year.


Ever hear the songs of Kate Wolf? She is a folk singer, and has a song called "The Lilac Bush and the Apple Tree." Very nostalgic, about an abandoned place where the houses have been torn down and all the people gone.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Someone went to a bit of work putting a metal roof on the leaning outhouse. Wish I could save it & put it in our yard with the one we already have. They could be 'His' and 'Hers'!