Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday


This is the road starting up Odgen Mountain, where Barrie used to live in Montana. We never made it all lthe way to the place she lived, because John and Kathy B. sold it, and the new owners have a locked gate.


The finish line for the Race to the Sky in Lincoln, Montana. Most of the roads we drove on were part of the race route, or places where Barrie trained in the winter.



Wet, miserable looking colts! This might be part of the Whitetail Ranch, which we drove to. When Ogden Mountain burned and they were evacuated, Barrie was sent to the Whitetail. She had 30 dogs in her dog boxes, and was pulling a horse trailer with her horse. It was a very hot day, and all the dogs and the horse were suffering by the time she got there. The people helped her unload all the animals, and get them water and some shade. She thought she was lucky that they all made it.



Another view of the bridge over the Missouri at Toston. The Missouri is SO big!
*****************************
I am taking an on-line writing class, and am not enjoying it very much yet. I have learned the difference between story and plot, learned bout the common plot templates, the three-act structure, protaganist, antagonist, etc. Who cares? I have learned all these definitions, and would rather have spent my time reading my new book.
********************************
Here's a definition I do like:
Shin: device for finding furniture in the dark. (also useful for locating your ball hitch).

I hate it when your seat belt randomly locks and you can't move. Do all vehicles do that, or is the a special feature of Chevy pickups? And it only happens on the passenger side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAM has the same seat belt problem and she also hates it. Misery loves company so you've got some company. rwm

Judi said...

It happens to me in Shara's Honda, in our Toyota, in Darin's big pick up & in Chase's van. I sort of think it is because I pull the seatbelt ALL the way out, then click it and then let go and I get that miserable zipper noise. When I do not pull it all the way, it does not do it.