Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday


I worked on this small (7" x 9") painting at art group this week. I wanted to show a lot of depth from foreground to the mounains. Not sure I accomplished it.


I took this photo out my upstairs bedroom window last week. Would love to be able to paint a sky like that. I know it can be done!

***********************
It was looking really dark outside yesterday afternoon, but I wasn't paying much attention. All of a sudden there was a loud "CRASH" and a boom of thunder. I about jumped out of my skin. Barrie was just coming home and was in the carport. She said it hit the light pole down on the street, and we were surprised we had power.
Then it started to rain/snow/sleet enough to make the ground white. It all blew through, and the sun started to shine again. You gotta love spring in Pinedale!
*********************
Actual Exam answers: English GCSE exam:

During the Renaissance America began. Christopher Columbus was a great navigator who discovered America while cursing about the Atlantic. His ships were called the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Fe.

Queen Elizabeth was the “Virgin Queen.” As a queen she was a success. When she exposed herself before her troops they all shouted “hurrah.”

The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare. He was born in the year 1564, supposedly on his birthday. He never made much money and is famous only because of his plays. He wrote tragedies, comedies and hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter. Romeo and Juliet are an example of a heroic couplet. Romeo’s last wish was to be laid by Juliet.

3 comments:

R said...

How old were these students?

Duene said...

The exam is for secondary students, so I guess they were high school age. If you have time, there is much more on this site. Take a look.

http://listverse.com/2007/09/07/33-funny-exam-answers/

Roger said...

Boy, some of them are very funny