Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rainy Thursday

I dug out my old sketch books yesterday and looked through them. It jolts me how much better I could draw a long time ago then I do now. I don't spend enough time at it now.

The corner of this one was chewed by my pet rats.




Obviously, I did take this one along, a lot. Good old duct tape holds it together.







Pencil drawing of an old house. I drew a lot from life back then, but I think probably the reference photo from this was from a magazine.




I used this sketch for a watercolor painting once. I should try it again.



****************************



Kasey hasn't been sleeping, and Barrie isn't getting much sleep between Kasey and the house across the street that starts up their diesel truck at 4:30 in the morning. She finally got up last night and put Kasey in my downstairs bedroom. Don't know how much sleep either of them got. I blissfully slept through it all, even the truck.


Kasey stood on the front porch just out of the rain this morning, singing "I'm a Wildflower" at the top of her lungs.









3 comments:

Judi said...

The moose is delightful. Love the composition. He looks like he is stepping down into a low spot.

Charmian said...

I really like the moose, too! Another super drawing!

Hope you are feeling better. What's with Kasey? Bad dreams?

Anonymous said...

paul george shoes
yeezy
Golden Goose
kd 14
supreme hoodie
nike sb dunks
fear of god
golden goose sneakers
goyard outlet
golden goose outlet