Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday

I am still cleaning out "junk" and pieces I know I will never finish. This is one of the first colored pencil drawings I did when I first got my pencils out after 20 or 25 years.

**********************************


In this day in 1930 - Mrs. M. Niezes of Panama gave birth to the first baby to be born on a ship while passing through the Panama Canal. (Bet you didn't know that!)


On this day in 1886 - Grover Cleveland became the second U.S. president to get married while in office. He was the first to have a wedding in the White House. (I think I'll watch the movie The American President this afternoon.)

********************

I just gave up on two books. I tried to read Catcher in the Rye, and decided it's terribly boring. Why have I heard about that book all my life? The author does have a unique style of writing, but I've got too many other good books to waste time on one I don't like.


The othe one I quit was The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe. I didn't even make it five pages in that one!


The willow bush down by the garage leafed out. Seems like it just got green leaves overnight.


This is the "season of plastic bags in the bushes". Doesn't seem to be as many this year. And I will say one nice thing about Ridley's - their bags are gray, so they aren't as visible as white ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grover Cleveland married a girl 27 years younger than him. Being 21 years old his wife was/is the youngest First Lady ever.

Judi said...

I never could read Poe either. Gave me the creeps. We had to read Catcher in the Rye in HS. So much of 'good' literature is boring beyond tears. Adorable bunny.