Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday

Sitting here listening to thunder, and watching how dark it's getting outside. The rain is moving across The Mesa and the hills are obscured. I love watching the rain move across the hills. It will be here soon.


Years ago, I took a photography class at Teton Science School. I stayed in our pickup camper at the GrosVentre campground, and we went out and took pictures every day. The insructor took us up to the top of Signal Mounain, and this rain storm came over the Tetons and the lake. We all took pictures like crazy, but this is the only lightning strike I got on film.
Our instructor was taking pictures and yelling at us not to sue him if we got struck by lightning

*****************

We had a pretty large group for art today. Nancy is back - so good to see her. Her husband had a stroke, and just got out of the hospital last week. She sounded so positive and upbeat.

Charmian asked how I was coming on the book "Gone With the Wind". My Kindle doesn't show the page numbers for this book, but it says I am at 3%. Not too impressive!



1 comment:

Judi said...

Great photo. You must have a great system to be able to retrieve it so fast.