Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday

Beautiful fireworks, as always.  Enjoyed watching them.

The little horse I drew earlier this week now has no nose.  I erased it, and will try again to see if I can get it right.  The horse in the reference photo was wearing a bridle and had a bit in his mouth.  Maybe that is why my drawing with no bridle and bit turned out so goofy.



I did this quick sketch using charcoal yesterday.  I really like charcoal and would like to be able to draw something worthwhile with it.


The fire is now 25% contained, and it sounds like things are looking up.  I still worry about the ranchers in the area, as they have lost their summer grazing, and I think most of them have moved their cattle into irrigated meadows, which will damage their hay crop. 

These rules are for my daughter, Tracy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I draw the line at cats on the counters. It's a losing battle, but I am standing firm. I will concede on all other points. TL

DADD said...

I must have a strange cat, he goes anywhere he wants to except the diningroom table or the counters. All by his own choice.
But he akso demands that he be feed at the proper times.

Judi said...

I love your sketch! It is exactly what I try to do & usually fail