Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday

I took the colored pencil drawing with me to art group yesterday, looked at it for a while, and ripped it in half.  I have started a new one, on a soft green paper, and so far am happy with it.  The first was on a piece of off white paper that I thought was good paper.  But maybe I got mixed up on my papers and used something that just wasn't working right with the pencils. 

************************

I did a little "Googling" this morning, looking for images of horse muzzles. Just as I suspected, even without any pressure on the reins, the corners of the mouth turn up a little with a bit in the mouth, and turn down a little without a bit.  My horse in the reference photo I used for the drawing had a snaffle bit in his mouth.  I didn't draw the bridle and bit, but the corner of his mouth turned up, like the bit was still in it.  Judi was the one who picked up on it.  She said "your horse looks like he's smiling."

***************************


 Still trying trying to "unclutter" my life and cleaning out dresser drawers and closets.  It was hard to throw this old shirt out.  The kindergarten class took a field trip to the ETC shop and Carolyn Bing made them all tee shirts.   A good day in Kindergarten!



4 comments:

Judi said...

The dog sketch that you ripped in half & that I retrieved from the trash & cut into a bookmark was the only bookmark that Katy (6) sold. Then she cried because she really wanted it. The ones she painted haven't sold yet.
So sad about the horses that died after the parade in Casper - crashed into by a car.

Judi said...

PS: Thank you very much for your trash. Have anymore?

Betty C said...

Love the t-shirt! That was a really great class....and that one kid.... lol!

MOM/Gina said...

Hope you still have the T shirt...luv it...