Friday, September 24, 2010

More from the Dresser Drawers

Now playing on my iPod - Tom Lehr, "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"




Another item stuck in the bottom of a dresser drawer - a hand tooled belt I wore when I used to have a 21 inch waist! Tracy's Dad made this for me, and tooled his brand on the end. I made the belt buckle.





And these two old hanky's were in there. They are entirely hand made, even the hem, or edging. Such intricate work! I have no idea who made them, but it was an aunt, grandmother, or maybe great grandmother. Alice, do you remember these? Know anything about them?

*****************************

I have had three cups of coffee this morning, and none of them were hot. I pour a cup, then forget it until it gets cold.

The meat loaf I fixed yesterday was good, after you peeled the black crust off the top. The biscuits were good, and Lenore's apple butter was delicious.

Today I am finishing the Stephen King book, and then am going to paint. The Stephen King book is not one of his novels - it's a book he wrote about writing. It's pretty good, and certainly gives a different view of the man.


1 comment:

Judi said...

The beaded rose is lovely. It seems like I've seen it before....perhaps you used to wear it to school?