Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday

Optimism and good news yesterday.  My doctor is pleased with the progress of the treatments and says the cancer has NOT spread and doesn't seem to be growing.  They will do a Cat scan next week, then are looking at from three to five more treatments before they reevaluate. The pain is mostly coming from the pressure the tumor is putting against the spine.  They will continue to reduce the pain by reducing swelling, and the size of the tumor, hopefully.

Meanwhile, I just keep on smiling, eating, and knitting.  And taking my medication, which is hard for me to keep track of.  Tracy is doing her darnedest to keep me on track there!

 
 Vicky is showing off the art supply cupboard at the apartment. She and Judi have been working their tails off to help get things moved out.  What would I do without friends like them?  They are worth a million bucks (no, more than that).

*******************
 
Once again, Tracy has threatened to cut up my credit card.  Yesterday I put those stiff old Crocs in the closet and wore my new moccasins (bedroom slippers, actually.) They felt so good on my feet, which are still swollen.  I got the new remote for the Bose iPod docking station and XM radio and the pager. 

  
After spending years building her reputation as being an unfriendly, nasty, cat, this is what greeted Judi yesterday when she went to the apartment.  Oh, somebody needs this cat!

 
Judi found this old (very old) sketch in one of my sketchbooks.  Wow!  I didn't even do this!  Tracy's dad drew this elk in one of my old sketchbooks years ago. 

3 comments:

Judi said...

You've gotta be kidding me! Did not know Tracy's dad had this artistic talent. It's a nice elk, regardless of who did it.
When Vicky & I got done taking all the art supplies out of this cupboard, we filled it with canned goods someone had stored under the bed. Maybe that's why Kat came out - no place to hide amongst the cans!

Anonymous said...

Do u have a pill box 2 organize your meds. They come in various sizes and very helpful 2 keep track of pills
Short term memory loss is a common side effect! Claire

Duene said...

Yes, Tracy got me a pill box. She makes sure she fills it for me, too.