Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Bird that Keeps on Giving


Things are pretty bad around here when I start to take pictures of my cooking!

I baked a chicken earlier in the week, and yesterday I fixed a chicken pot pie sort of dish with biscuits on the top. Then I boiled the carcass and made a bunch of chicken broth. Then I got all the bones out of the scraps so the dogs could eat it.

I love rotisserie chicken, and buy one at the grocery store once in a while. I am always tempted by those machines they advertise on TV - you know, the one where the guy says over and over again - "Set it anf forget it."

Barrie and Kasey went to watch one day of sled dog racing at Ashton, Idaho yesterday. Last night Kasey informed me that Maddy was her dog. Barrie says she loves having a dog she can lead around on a leash and it doesn't bite people. Kasey still loves her Shorty dog, but he doesn't have such good manners.

Gina thought my cricket on the hearth looked more like a boot jack. Well, it does, but as it is only about 4 inches long, it's never been used for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure know how to make a guy hungry.

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was my delicious comment. rwm