Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday

WWII Cartoons from New Guinea

Click on image to read.


Two different men, strangers to me, have sent me this reprint from a 1943 Life Magazine about the cartoons I have posted on my PBase page in the New Guinea album.

Some guy in Houston just e-mailed me today. He wants to clean up and restore some of the pictures and wanted to give me credit. They're not my pictures. As there were about 20 photographers in my uncles unit, there's no way to know who really took which ones. I suggested he give credit to the 43rd Bombardment Group Photographers.

There has sure been a lot of interest in these photos. I noticed today that they have been viewed over 18,000 times.

http://www.pbase.com/duener/new_guinea_wwii

If you're interested, here is the link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting website. And almost all of the comments on it were informative and polite. rwm

MOM/Gina said...

What a cool website. Wonderful.