Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday

Kasey chases the cat and won't leave it alone. But then Kat won't leave her alone, either. The cat can always go upstairs if she gets tired of it.

********************

The computer is working, well, almost working. It is fast, and the Internet is fast today. Gina told me she called Century Tel and they had told her they were having problems the other day. I sure hate it when their problems become my problems. Every time this happens, I find that my phones don't work, and I have to unplug the base for a couple of hours for it to reset.

I found the system disk for my computer and booted from the CD yesterday. I was able to get to Restore System from there, and changed the settings back to what they were a week or so ago. But now when I restart the computer, I find that I have to use F12 to get it to boot from the hard drive. It keeps wanting to boot from the CD. At least it's up and running, and I can work more on the boot problem later.

I had a hard drive crash several years ago, and got a Dell tech support guy in South America who was great. He walked me through everything to get me up and running. I lost files, but at least the computer worked. But the guy from Dell I had the other day was terrible!! Couldn't speak English very well, and didn't know what he was doing. He never even asked me if I had the system disk. Thank God I'm not sitting here with my computer in pieces and holding the hard drive in my hand!!

Got Kasey fed her breakfast, took her to daycare, took some things to the recycling center and to the Food Basket, have the dishes washed and caught up on paying bills.

I have Turbo Tax installed on the computer, and I think I have received everything I need to do my taxes - except the interest and ambition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious & adorable picture! JAM