Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday

A headline from the news this morning:

"Three members of  Pussy Riot-- a Russian punk band and feminist collective that mocked Russian president Vladamir Putin during a "punk prayer" in a Moscow cathedral--have been found guilty of hooliganism and sentenced to two years in jail."

Why can't we have a law like this in our country?  It could apply to both private citizens and politicians. Well, I guess we don't have enough jail space.

*************************

There was a real racket out my window yesterday.  I knew it was birds, but had never heard a bird sound like that.  When I looked out, I saw a pair of flickers and their young.  Baby birds are not happy when they get kicked out of the nest!



 This is a small watercolor greeting card I finished yesterday.  I used watercolor pencils, and it was VERY difficult for me.   It still looks like something out of a child's coloring book.

My friend Vicky does beautiful work with her watercolor pencils, but she does landscapes.  Maybe I shouldn't give up on them yet.


1 comment:

Judi said...

A Hooligan Law - I like it.