Sunday, August 26, 2012

Paul and Tracy's camp

Tracy called from the lake yesterday.  The boat battery was dead, so they didn't get the boat in the water yet.  Paul had just recharged the battery before them came up, so I was to go up and loan Paul my pickup so he could come to town and get a new one

It ended up that Tracy made a couple of phone calls, and was able to find the battery, pay for it by credit card, and told Randy that Barrie would turn  in the old battery on Monday.  So I drove downtown and picked up the new battery.  They were going to wait until this morning before putting it in the boat.  Haven't heard from them yet today, so I guess it all went well.

We didn't put up our small tent this year, and I guess we should have.  The FS has a "rule" that a campsite has to be occupied the first night.  I left a water jug on the table, but I guess we about lost the camp site.

The campground hosts came down to visit with Paul and Tracy after they got here.  The hosts are Janet and Randall Montgomery and had seen my name on the check that paid for the site.  Pretty funny!  Tracy went all through school with their oldest daughter and they were good friends.



Paul cooked supper - brats and barbeque beans.  It was good.


Daisy loves the water.

 Fire felt good.


Chasing chipmunks wore Daisy out.

************************
 
Barrie ran dogs yesterday morning.  I think she said she ran a team of nine.  Dogs were so excited to get out and run.
 


No comments: