Sunday, October 2, 2011

fall colors

Beautiful day!  We started with breakfast at the Wrangler, then drove up Skyline to Elkheart Park.

No matter how many times we see the trees change colors, we all go out with our cameras and take pictures, just as if  we'd never seen it before!  And what do you bet that when it snows, we will all do the same thing, and take pictures of the first snow?

This is the ski hill.  Beautiful!


This stand of red quakies was off the main road.  With a little creative 4wheeling, Barrie got us up closer to them. 

Gina mentioned that the camera doesn't do the colors justice.  She is so right.  I think our old film cameras did a better job.   I just told Barrie today that I'm always dissappointed in my photographs of fall, because they look washed out.  Barrie said, "That's why you have Photoshop, Mom."

So, I admit I brought up the saturation until they looked like what my eyes saw today. 
Kasey found a piece of paper in my jacket pocket today, and played with it for a long time. She kept asking me to watch her fold it into a box.  I was busy looking at the trees, and she kept saying "Grandma, watch."  I finally told her it was like watching grass grow, and Barrie and I got the giggles.  It's a good thing KC is developing a good sense of humor.

7 comments:

Judi said...

We've all been posting fall pictures, but you win with that ski hill photo! Who needs to go to Maine? Yup, I saturate too.

MOM/Gina said...

Well I didnt do mine and you make me wish I had. They are gorgeous!

RTD said...

What did he use on Kasey's hair, a pruning shears

RTD said...

What did he use on Kasey's hair, a pruning shears

Sally said...

Duene...your photos are stunning!

Charmian said...

Count me in! You are sooo right! The colors seem to grab us every year no matter what the season. We lived many years in the south. I didn't like it because it was the same ol', same ol'. I need the seasonal changes. Grew up with them. They sure can be temperamental, but the tougher storms make the mild periods all the sweeter.

RTD said...

I agree with you guys. They are stunning photo.
Up here in North Dakota and Northern Minn., we have the maple trees that turn such a wonderful red alone with the yellows of the other trees. They seem to be extra brilliant this year