Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday

Enjoyed lunch at Rendezvous Point yesterday with Judi and Clair.  Don't see Clair very often.  There were several people there I hadn't seen for years.

Didn't even take my watercolors to art group -- took a new pencil drawing instead of a cow and calf.


I am not a big fan of the iPad as yet.  It was finally delivered by the wandering UPS man about 9:30 Tuesday night.  It was their second delivery attempt.  They left a note on the front door Monday saying no one was home to sign for it, and Barrie and I were both there all day Monday.  So my iPad and I did not get off to a good start.

I have downloaded a few apps to it, but not much.  The stupid keyboard keeps rearranging itself, and sometimes it doesn't even show the "@" key.  It's a little hard to enter your email address when that symbol is missing, so I have wasted a lot of time trying to log onto some sites.

I got onto my Amazon account page and tried to watch one of the movies on the iPad.  I found I have to have Flash Player to watch my Amazon movies, and Flash Player and the iPad are not compatible.  I  wrote Amazon and they said, sure enough, their movies would not play on the iPad.

Next, I downloaded a few songs from iTunes, some I had already purchased.  The speakers aren't bad, but why would I want to load music on it when I have an iPod sitting across the room from me, already loaded with about a thousand songs, and docked on nice Bose speakers?

Then for the Crackle.com movies - they would play, sort of, but not nearly the quality I see on the laptop.

Now what?  Haven't tried any of the games yet, nor the cameras. And I guess I will try some more new apps - there are thousands, most of them free.


7 comments:

RTD said...

Ahh, all this nice new tech., and you can't do a thing with it that you couldn't do before. easier.

And it can get lost all be itself too.

Judi said...

Well, Duene, I do not have an iPod nor a Kindle, so it was/is all much more amazing for me.
The iPad2 is wonderful for getting on the internet when you are traveling or just out & about.

Duene said...

you are so right, Judi. If I didn't have the iPod and the Kindle, it would be totally different. I actually like the ibook app.

Tracy LeClair said...

Great, NOW what am I going to get you for Christmas?!? You don't make it easy...

Duene said...

Tracy, dear, you weren't supposed to find out!! (I'm always in trouble!)

Summit County Sheriff's Office Colorado said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy LeClair said...

Trying again...last comment posted from my work account...

What I tried to say was that you are already hard to shop for, and then you go and buy yourself something right before Christmas! Oh well, guess I will shop for iPad accessories.