Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday


Here is our Christmas tree this year, the philodendron  Barrie brought home from Telecontractors.  It's as big as a horse.  (She brought a horse home a couple years ago too, but it's not in our living room.)  The plant makes a good Christmas tree.  Barrie put twinkling miniature lights on it.  Kasey loves putting decorations on it and rearranging them.


Kasey threw up last night, so stayed home from school today.  She hung out with  me upstairs while Barrie went to the store.  She's a "bed head".  She brought a puke bucket up with her, but seemed to feel fine.  She played with the iPad a while, then we watched the video on my computer of Toby Keith singing "Red Solo Cup".  She knew all the words and sang along.  She played with Kat.  Yes, they really do play.  They chase each other.  Kasey giggles and Kat snarls and growls.


A small 4" x 6" painting with the Cotman paints.  I couldn't get anything to look right in the foreground, so  I got out  my Graphitint pencils.  They are watersoluble pencils with graphite in them.  I need to use them more.  They are lovely colors, earth tones, and are fun to work with.



2 comments:

Judi said...

Love the Christmas tree!

Judi said...

For some reason I find 'Red Solo Cup' tickles my funny bone, but I don't know all the words yet! Someone who will remain unnamed didn't know there really was such a thing & when I went to show him in Walmart, they were sold out. Hmmmm. The power of song.