Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday

Started the day with breakfast at the Wrangler with Barrie and Kasey.


Kasey picked up a copy of the Sublette County Magazine from the rack in front of the Wrangler, and she and Barrie looked at the article and pictures on dogsledding Barrie has in it.




Kasey ordered French Toast and bacon.  Barrie and I had eggs, sausage and a bicuit.  Wonderful breakfast!  I always love breakfast at the Wrangler from way back when - when Ramseys started it on the other side of town.  It was next to the trailer house I lived in when I first moved to town.  They used to keep a key to my door in their cash register, because I was always locking myself out.

Kerback's trailer court is no longer there, and the Wrangler loaded up the cafe (which was a trailer house with wood siding) on a trailer and moved it across town. 

Sugar Shack is in that location now.  The Sugar Shack used to be right in front of my house.  It was called "King Cone" then, and advertised "Road Kill Burgers".  If they made a mistake on an order, Tom would step out his back door and yell to Barrrie to come down and get it.  Had some good free meals from that place!

Barrie and Kasey have gone mushing.  Kasey is planning on going out by herself with one dog. 








3 comments:

Judi said...

A four year musher! Amazing. Post pictures when she does it.

Duene said...

How about a three year old musher? I posted a video of her on her first solo run on Facebook. It was taken a year ago.

Judi said...

I must have have forgotten.
Barrie: Congrats on the article. It's fun to see yourself in print. And congrats to you Duene for the cover. Save me a copy?