Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday - Staying Warm


Gene Paul came yesterday and worked on my upstairs stove.  I had taken the glass and grid off and sprayed it with canned air.  Boy, did the dust fly out!  But then I couldn't get the pilot lit. 

I wonder if the fact that I was his first grade (and second grade) teacher had anything to do with the fast service I got?  Because he came within a couple hours after I called.

He is ordering a new part for the furnace in the basement, and will clean the gas log fireplace in the living room.  He said my switch on this stove might be faulty and he will bring a new one when he comes back.

I hope he didn't charge me by the hour.  He looked through my art work, we talked, and he even played with the cat.

Still have to get Kasey's presents wrapped.  Barrie's gift won't be here in time for Christmas.  When I called to ask about it, the message said they were closed for the holidays.  So she will get a picture of her present. 

Got a note from a woman who bought one of my pencil drawings.  She wants to buy the watercolor of the trout I have hanging in the art room at Rendezvous Pointe.  Nice.

*****************

If you have a cat AND an iPad (which I do), you should read this article about how to teach your cat to play games on your iPad. 



I think I'll pass.

There really is a link there, just above "I  think I'll pass."  Blogger won't let me change the color to something you can read.  Just click around and you might hit it.




4 comments:

DADD said...

Yes the link is there. The pointer arrow changes to hand with a finge when you are on the link.

Are you saying that Kat played with Gene yesterday or was it some other cat?

Duene said...

Oh no, it wasn't Kat. And I'm not showing the iPad to her.

DADD said...

Was it Chloe?

Duene said...

I presume the cats pictured belonged to the person who wrote the article.