Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday

 Got a Christmas card from my friend and former teaching partner, Heidi.  She and Bob live in Washington state, and have two boys.  Don't these guys make you smile just looking at them?   They look like "keepers" to me.



***************************

As always, the NWS predicted something that didn't happen.  We got a little skiff of snow last night, but not the winter storm they predicted.  Sunny this morning, and the wind is blowing.


I have pounded the heck out of a beef roast this morning with my handy dandy little meat tenderizer with 42 little knife blades.  I rubbed it all over with a rub I found in the cupboard for roasts and steaks.  I am tired of trying to make decent food in my crock pot or pressure cooker.  This roast is going to be cooked the old fashioned way, in the oven with carrots, potatoes and onions around it.  Stay tuned to see if the dogs got it, or if we liked it.

My watercolor antelope is almost finished.  I am going to start practicing painting sagebrush on scrap paper today.  Maybe I can actually learn to paint a reasonable facsimile of sagebrush.



2 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

YOu can paint sage...
Love the cartoon...
And, how's Heidi?

Judi said...

Cute boys. Love the cartoon. We are in Cameron AZ - Trading Post Lodge, N of Flag. Artwork on wall looks familiar. Horses by WR Leigh?