Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday

Now playing on my iPod, Paul Simon, "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard".

Looks like quite a party, doesn't it? This is Paul and Tracy's big island between the dining room and kitchen. Well, it wasn't quite the party it appeared to be. If you look at the picture fulll size, you will see all these cans are connected to each other with fishing line. The purpose? When a cat jumps up on the counter, it will catch the fishing line, and the cans will all fall, like dominoes. Rowdy jumped up there one day, and those cans really make a racket. Both Rowdy and Sammy tore out of there like their tails were on fire. But I have a feeling that if the cans are put away, Rowdy will be right back up there. This is the corner of Paul and Tracy's living room, with the Dave McNally oil painting of Tracy's Grandad, and the cradleboard Daisy St. Clair made for her when she was born. Another treasure Paul received from his aunt. This is one of the seats from the old Yankee Stadium.
************************

I read a Dean Koontz book yesterday. I have Tracy's library card number from the Summit County Library. They have e-books you can "check out" and read on your computer screen.

6 comments:

Judi said...

Love the cat-deterrent cans. How clever. I've never heard of such a thing. And a real chair from Yankee Stadium!
I'm pretty sure someone told me once that they get e-books from Sub Co library. Can you download them to your Kindle? That would be way cool.

Anonymous said...

The cat trap is quite ingenious but my question is "how did those beer can get empty"? rwm

Duene said...

Gee, Rollie! Damned if I know. They were empty when I got there. But I helped empty a few more.

Tracy LeClair said...

Not fair! If you look at the counter in the background, you'll see there's also diet coke cans mixed in. The beer cans come in a 30-pack, and coke only comes in a 12-pack. As a former math teacher, Rollie should know about the law of averages. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Let's see. 30 beer cans, 12 diet coke cans, but where's the fifth of booze? What a party. rwm

Tracy LeClair said...

I stand corrected.