Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Old drawing

Earlier, I posted a portrait of this lady in silverpoint. I was looking through some old things on my computer today, and found this. I did this in pencil years ago - don't even know what happened to the orignal. Silverpoint is just too pale and delicate for a portrait like this.


***********************

Art room was pretty full today. Our snowbird Nancy is back, and Dorothy is becoming a regular. There were nine of us there. That pretty well fills up the room. Barb brought her pallette and we thought for sure she was really going to paint. But she ended up out in the big room working on a jigsaw puzzle.


Someone cleaned my bathroom while I was at the senior center today. Wonder who that could have been?? Thanks, dear Barrie.





3 comments:

RTD said...

The facial expressions show up better in the Silverpoint, it is to dark in pencil drawing. Or 1s it just looking that way because it is scanned in?

Duene said...

I don't know, because I don't have the orignal.

MOM/Gina said...

I like this pencil drawing a lot.
Also, I was looking at the other one, and of the bosal under it..I would argue from the picture, that is, that it's horse hair. It looks like rawhide...and beautifully done too!