Saturday, July 30, 2011

Is it hot, or is the uniform killing him?

************************

I downloaded a book called "Familiar Quotations" for my Kindle. It was free. I just started reading it a couple days ago. It starts out with quotes from the bible. Here are a couple I had never heard before, and I think they are quite comical.


And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew xv. 27.

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for they stomach's sake.
Timotny vi. 10.


Someone who knows the bible better than I do, are these for real? Judi?



*****************************

I actually accomplished something today. I sorted through a pile of reference photos at my art table. Threw some away, and stuck some in the cupboard where I keep a file of photos. I'll have to deal with filing them later, but at least they are out of sight for a while.


Then I worked on a watercolor I started two weeks ago. It is going well. Then worked on a pencil drawing of my cat. If I keep this up, I might actually finish something this week.


I am listening to Tom T. Hall on my iPod. I love that guys songs.






2 comments:

Judi said...

The quotes are correct for King James version of the Bible, but the verse numbers are wrong. You made me work at this! The blind quote is Matthew 15:14. (not 27)
The water verse is 1 Tim 5:23 (not 6:10)& my Bible's translation doesn't say anything about giving up water. It says, "This doesn't mean you should completely give up drinking wine. You ought to take a little sometimes as medicine for your stomach."
It was fun to look it up.

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I had to look this up too. Looked before seeing Judi's answers. She beat me to it. Hi Duene! Been too long since I stopped by. Will be catching up through your blog.