Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday

I just got back from the liquor store.  It was up to 2°, but the sun was warm.  The pickup hadn't been started since Wednesday, and it started right up in spite of 20° below zero for two nights.  I guess it's not that much different from the house, because the garage was not heated.  Good old truck!

Took a while to get back to my apartment when I got here.  My neighbor, Mary, who is 97 and 3 ft. something, was getting her mail, and her mailbox is at the very top.  After I helped Mary get her mail, I walked with her slowly back toward the apartment.  Betty Jo was at the dining room door.  She had let go of her walker and was trying to hang the menu up on the bulletin board.  She had taken it down to have a copy made, and couldn't get it back up.  She is so tottery, so I put the menu up for her, and got her back with her walker. 

 
I probably post this photograph every year, but it's so appropriate for winter.  I took this when I was still using a 35mm camera and slide film.  She was by the Air Force facility on the Boulder Road. 

 

4 comments:

Judi said...

From yesterday comments, Rollie doesn't remember that WE have a copy of Earl Durand. Oh well.
Nice of you to help one & all. Love the word 'tottery'.

MOM/Gina said...

I think your neighbors love you...
I am glad you krrp posting the photo of this deer...

MOM/Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOM/Gina said...

The deleted one was me...:)..I wrote that in my iPad, and it posted it twice...who knew?