Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thursday

The first order of the day yesterday was to bake a pie.  Check.

 
Is this what a pie crust is supposed to look like?   It didn't look like this in the recipe book!

**********************
 
We told Kasey she could choose our Christmas Dinner.  So we had biscuits and gravy today.  Personally, I liked her choice.  We also had cherry pie and ice cream.  Believe it or not, I managed to pull that mess of dough together and make a good pie. 
 
The recipe said "do not handle dough too much."  Believe me, I handled it a lot.  I manhandled it!
 
 
 Kasey loves to play with my "Bluebird of Happiness" and wanted to take it home.  When she opened this, she squealed "A bluebird of my very own.


 

When she opened the next box and found the baby bird, she danced around in a circle.


Then she opened the magnifying glass - "A magnifying glass of my very own!"

I had two glasses at the house and brought both of them here.  It's a pretty safe bet an item will be a good gift if your granddaughter wants to take yours home.  It was a wonderful day.

5 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

That's what Christmas is all about.

DADD said...

She looks so happy with her little treasures.
What a great kid!

DADD said...

She looks so happy with her little treasures.
What a great kid!

Judi said...

You are such a thoughtful gramma to pay attention to the things she likes long enough to order them. I am doubly impressed with the baby bluebird. Ahhhh.
I agree with Roger - Kasey looks so happy!

Charmian said...

Now I want a bluebird!