Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday

Barrie, Kasey, Spur and I made a "quick" trip to Rock Springs yesterday to have my eye checked.  Everything is fine, and I won't be going back until Jan 11 when I have the cataract removed from my left eye.  Of course the high spot of the whole trip was stopping at the café in Farson.  Barrie and I splurged - we had jumbo shrimp.  And it was delicious!  Wish that place delivered!

************************
 
 
This was the art room at Rendezvous Pointe yesterday.  Yes, there are actually five people crammed in there among the Angle Tree gifts.  I didn't stay for lunch, but the entire place was full of people for the big Christmas Dinner.  I saw a lot of people I would have enjoyed visiting with, but had to get on the road to Rock Springs.
 
*************************
 
I got a phone call from the Casper Star Tribune this morning.  They want to do a story on the Marlatt Brothers baseball team.  (my dad and his father and all the brothers.  The guy who is doing the story actually got my name from "Old Picture of the Day" - where I had sent a picture of the team.  I directed him to my PBase Gallery, where there are more pictures.  Also gave him my brother's number.  Bill may remember more of the old stories than I do.
 
*************************
The new apartments resemble an ant hill that has been stepped in this morning.  It looks like at least 20 men working on the roof, and a crane lifting big pieces of something up to be put into place.  There is another smaller crew sweeping snow off the part where the roof is on.  It snowed a couple inches again last night.
 
 

 

 



1 comment:

Judi said...

That is one crowded room. Guess it's a good thing there were only 5 of you.
Wonderful news about the Trib doing an article on the Marlatt Bros!