Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday

Disaster in housekeeping yesterday.  Mandy showed up at my door yesterday morning, with Xiao Ling, who was  in tears.  I had asked Xiao Ling to wash the quilt that was on my bed (bright colors), and it faded a little bit on the sheets and pillow cases.  Xiao Ling was so upset.  I guess she expected me to yell at her, but Mandy and I got her calmed down, and I gave her a big hug.  She was smiling when she left, so why do I feel like I kicked a puppy?

I don't even have white sheets.  They are flannel and printed with bears and pine trees, so the little bit of color on them can hardly be noticed.

Kevin, head of housekeeping, showed up looking for Mandy, and he moved both the stove and refrigerator out for me.  There were all my missing erasers and pencils, and a Tylenol.  Thanks, Kat!  You are such an invaluable companion. 



They worked all day shoveling snow off the roof of the new apartments, and it snowed a little again last night.  I don't understand why they let most of the summer go by before they even started construction.  Maybe they were waiting until irrigation was over for the summer and the water was turned off in the ditch.

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Bet you are their favorite resident.

Judi said...

Kat is some kind of Pack Rat!!!
You reminded me of a comment my sister-in-law startled me with years ago. (She is elegant & everything in her house is the finest). She said, "If it breaks, so be it. It's just stuff". For your housekeepers sake, I'm glad it was your quilt that ran.

You're a good person, Duene. Always have been.

DADD said...

I had bought some of those catnip mice (12-pack). My cats loved to play with them, but Smokey would always chew the tails off of them (little leather strip). I would give them each one to play with. Then all at once they seemed to disappear. I bought another 12 pack of them and they seemed to disappear even faster this time. Another 12 pack, but I watched them when they played this time.
We had a chest of drawers in the foyer and I saw one of the cats bat a mouse under it and then try to reach under to get it back out
Pretty soon she gave up, and went looking for another mouse. I went and got a yard stick and reached under the chest and all of suddenly I had about 30 recovered mice.
So now when I run out of mice to give them I just went and got my stick and had lots of mice again.