Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Another Monday

Click on image for a larger view
This is the only photo I took yesterday when we went to Jackson. This old cabin is along the highway, somewhere near Pape's ranch, and I have driven by it hundreds of times and always meant to get a picture of it.

We saw lots of deer and antelope, but I didn't even try to take pictures of them. They are not very photogenic this time of year, and haven't seen any babies.

Once again I planned to do something constructive today and get the flattened cardboard boxes to the recycling center. And once again I got sidetracked and will probably not get it done. I hadn't moved all the April photos to my hard drive yet, so I got that done - from three cameras. Also moved what I had from May, which could all go into the Montana folder. Then I formatted the cards when I put them back into the cameras.

I purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2007 on EBay. It is the Educational version (which is no different from the regular version). I sent the seller a question three times asking if I was eligible for the educational price, as a retired teacher, and he finally answered me and said I was. So I got it for $120. I had a 60 day trial version of it on my laptop and it would have cost me $400 to activate it - on just one computer. The information I got was that I was entitled to install this version on two computers. I installed it on my laptop, my desktop, and Barrie's laptop, and had no problem activating it on all three.

I have been using the 2003 version, and there are many changes and lots of bells and whistles. Hewlett Packard offers many free lessons and tutorials on computing, and there is almost always a class going on some aspect of Microsoft Office. I just finished the one on introduction to Word 2007.

Sounds like Judi and Rolli are finding many adventures and interesting things to see and do on their way home.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cabin is indeed interesting. Rollie & I met Benny Pearson there & he told us many stories. Have to wait until I get home to find them. I had to edit them. Benny is Cris Paravacini's dad. JAM

Duene said...

Judi, I would love to hear more about this old cabin. I have looked at it for years as we drove by.

Duene

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE this cabin, and same as you have always meant to stop and photograph it from it's good angle, but never have except for a few slides many years ago. You got a great picture of it. I've also heard the B. Pearson stories, and how they grew up there. very interesting.
Love, Lynn