Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nothing Works

Yesterday I decided to print a few 4 x 6's of our Montana trip. I got out my little HP photo printer, and put a new cartridge in it. It has been so long since it's been used that I knew it needed a new one. When I tried to print a couple of pictures, they came out all yellow. This morning I took the cartridge out and shook the heck out of it. This time I cut up some plain paper so I wouldn't waste the photo paper. And this time my pictures were blue! The cartridge was fairly old, even though it was sealed up tight, it may have congealed or something. I have ordered a new cartridge and will see if that works. Sure hope so. The printer was not very expensive, but has done a great job on photos for me in the past.

Click on images for a larger view

Pressure Cooking? NOT!



This is the new cooker. I decided to use the pressure cooker feature to make rice pudding from the recipe that came with it. Put the ingredients in, stirred, put the lid on and pushed the little "high pressure" button three times for three minutes. Couldn't be simpler, right? Well, I didn't get the lid on right, and didn't get the adjustment knob on the top set right. Yes, I know I should have read the directions more carefully. Well, the thing never did come up to pressure, and I boiled the rice dry and burned it on the bottom. I scraped the top part off into a bowl, and we might eat it.
I have a roast and vegetables I planned to make tonight. We have a pizza in the freezer, just in case.

No comments: