Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday

Click on images for a larger view

Kasey opening a gift from her Aunt Kelly this morning
***********************************


Barrie is planning to run the Stage Stop Race this year, and has all her forms ready to mail. I took many pictures of her this morning, and this is the one she finally settled on to send in.
*****************************

I'm still reading my Mother's diary. In 1959, I bought my first car, a blue Ford. I paid $350 down and my payments were $65 a month, which included the insurance. I was pretty proud of that car. When I moved to Casper, I had it parked in front of my apartment. In the middle of the night a kid (drinking) had come down the street and hit it, knocking it up onto the neighbor's lawn. Later, someone pulled our from their parking space and got me as I was going by. A couple years later, I was rear ended at a stop light in Tucson. Poor car got beat up quite a bit. I later traded it in on a Jeep Wagoneer in Arizona,

I didn't deal well with the winters in Casper. As soon as I was able to get my horse moved to a place where I could leave her, I moved to Tucson.

My mom put in her diary that she spent $15 on groceries, a ham and some whiskey. Pretty funny. It was just before Christmas, and I guess the ham was for dinner, and the whiskey for Tom and Jerry's.We usually had about 20 family members for Christmas.

Lynn and Judi asked me about my plans for the diary. It is just too long to copy, it would be a monumental project. I plan on taking it back to Bill and Alice's house, as they have all the other things that Mom had - photo albums and scrapbooks. It should all be kept together.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did Aunt Kelly find 'Shaun the Sheep' DVD? I love Wallace & Gromit & have looked & looked for Shaun (same animators)or a sequel to "Curse of the WereRabbit'. Nice photo, Barrie. JAM