Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Day of May

What a beautiful day it is today - just the kind of weather I love. A sunny morning (and no wind). Then it clouded up and we are having a really nice rain right now. I could live with this kind of day for the rest of the summer!

Barrie and Kasey went to check out the Farmers' Market this morning. I didn't go, as I was working on a painting (in my pajamas) and wanted to do a little vacuuming. Barrie must not have been very impressed - she said it "was kinda cute". I don't know what that means.

She brought her dad's other dog up and gave her a bath. She is still in the back hall, drying out. It started to rain, so Barrie didn't get her clipped.

I did a little cleaning in my upstairs room, but not much. Barrie cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and her bedroom, and did some laundry. She gets ten times as much done as I do, and in half the time.



Click on images for a larger view
The barn cat at the Murdock Ranch

My feeble attempt at puffy clouds and Fremont Lake. Something is wrong with the blue paints on my palette. They seem to have granulated, and I can't get a smooth wash with them. I have tried to paint this scene several times, and none of them were successful. I have already started another one. Lynn had a good point when she said that is what is so nice about oils. - when it doesn't go right, you can wipe it off and paint over it.


No comments: