Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday

Click on images for a larger view

This is McDonald Pass, looking toward Helena Montana. I merged two photos together. The elevation here is 6300 feet. A really pretty view from the top.

**********************************************




Barrie will probably kill me for posting this "glamour" photo of her cleaning her dog lot and getting a kiss from one of the dogs. The top photo shows her summer training rig which she uses when she is waiting for it to snow.



****************************************

The pot roast in the new pressure cooker was a success. I browned the roast first, got the lid on correctly, set the little knob on top to "pressure" and turned it on for about 50 minutes. It really does help to read the directions! After it was done and out of the pot, I used corn starch and water to make gravy. It was really good, but now we have enough leftovers to feed an army.

Yesterday was art group. It was so great to have Judi back from Texas! I made some good progress on my painting of an old cabin. But now I am itching to start a new pencil drawing. While browsing through the "Wet Canvas" site last night, I saw a pencil drawing of a dog that was wonderful. It was done on hot pressed (smooth) watercolor paper, and the sheet had been painted with brown tones to make it look old. The drawing was done with a mechanical pencil and a white pastel pencil.

The day started out sunny and calm, but the clouds have come up and it is breezy. The forecast says cloudy and windy, chance of rain is 30%.

No comments: