Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday

Judi had a picture of these mailboxes up Horse Creek, and I knew I had an old photo somewhere. I finally found it, and you'll never guess where - yeah, in the basement. I have an antique oak dresser down there that was my grandmothers. Seems Barrie filled one of the drawers with good stuff

Had my own darkroom back then, and I think probably Barrie developed the film and printed this herself. The mailbox on the left is for Boroff, Roberts, and Thompson. A couple of them are old refrigerators.


I had these two pen and ink drawings in frames. I decided today to take them out of the frames and put in some of the colored pencil drawings I did of Barrie's sled dogs. Maybe Barrie will hang them up.


*****************************

Barrie and I actually cooked together last night. She fried hamburger steaks, and I made fresh french fries. Yumm - peeled and cut up the potatoes and fried them in my deep fryer. What? Eating healthy you say? Forget it!


3 comments:

Judi said...

Your mailboxes are much more interesting than mine. Guess they've changed over time.
Your first sketch looks exactly like it came out of the Penguins cartoon. It's King Julien's backscratcher! He's a lemur.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the hamburger steak, Barrie. Oh, I should probably say nice job to you also. Payback. rwm

Betty said...

I think it is healthy....fresh potatoes, fresh veg oil, both are vegetables.... what's not healthy about that? Plus everyone loves hamburger steaks!