Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday

Judi stopped by this morning with two daffodils so Kasey can watch them open. It's neat that they they aren't fully opened yet, and KC can see it happen.

Kasey talks about buying flowers for the pots in the yard. She loves flowers. I hope Beau has her nursery again next summer.

*********************



Watched the live finish in Nome of John Baker in the Iditarod this morning. He broke the record set four years ago by about 3 hours. I got tears in my eyes watching it. His daughter was there, and people from his village, including native drummers and singers . He won a new Dodge pickup, plus over $50,000.


The second place winner, Rayme Smyth, was not far behind him.


*********************

I have Barrie's computer up here to install programs on it.


2 comments:

Judi said...

Is John the native Inuit?
Beau told me they leased Neely's old nursery. I noticed activity at old Wolf's Dodge log house across from you. Saw the sign today: "Fore-Ever Flowers".
Kasey sure looks cute in 'Daffodil'.

Duene said...

John's an Inupiat. I'm not familiar with Alaska Indian or Eskimino tribes, but I think the Inuit and the Inupiat are both Eskimos.