Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday

I ate lunch at Rendezvous Pointe today with Judi after art group. Carl and Peggy W. sat with us.

*********************
Barbara always comes late to art group, but today she was especially late. She forgot to set her clocks forward. She had baked a cake for us, and had Vicky frost it. So Vicky brought the cake. It was delicious.

I watched "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid the other day. I've seen it before, but not for a long time. Great movie.

Tracy's Grandad LeClair had stories about Butch. His father, Edmo, had been an Indian Scout and a US Marshall through the years. The old LeClair Ranch was on the Wind River over by Riverton. Tracy's great grandad knew Butch pretty well. It seems that when Butch was on the run, he liked to stop at the LeClair Ranch in the middle of the night and trade their tired horses for fresh ones. And he always left money in Edmo's saddlebags.

He also told that Butch had come back from South America and hired him to take him up in the mountains with a pack horse. Butch took the packhorse off and came back with the packs loaded. When they got out of the mountains, he left with whatever was in the packs.

Well, the story about trading horses I believe. I'm not sure sure about him coming back from South America. After all, I just saw him killed the other night on my TV screen!


No comments: