Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday

Now playing on XM radio, Billy Currington, "Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer"

This is my second silverpoint drawing. It's unfinished, but I don't know what to do with it for sure. There's no foreground. And maybe the trees need a couple of little birds in the branches, or maybe a couple of leaves?

I have a new drawing started. I put some sepia watercolor in with the gesso to treat the paper and am beginning a drawing of two pine cones on toned paper. The "old boys" used to draw on toned paper and use white ink or chalk for highlights.

****************************
Art group was fun yesterday, as always. Not very many of us were there, though.

Barrie took the dead laptop to Rendezvous Pointe for Mike yesterday. Mike said it sounds like the hard drive. Do other people go through computers like I do? Barrie is using the older HP laptop right now. It will get on the internet. It won't let me install Internet Explorer, and it heats up and will turn itself off.

I said I was going to read some Shakespeare, and have started "Julius Caesar". At least I am a little familiar with the story, so I might not get lost entirely

"What meanest thou by that?" ( from page 4). I mean I'm probably not smart enough to read it.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Nice trees. How about a chickadee? A few leaves sounds great. See ya next week at art!

free zone said...

www.mindfreezone.blogspot.com